It really seems like a lifetime ago. For some reason, the regular season seems like an anomaly – the San Francisco Giants team we saw in the postseason didn’t at all reflect anything that happened between April thru September. I remember little bits and pieces of the season, everything in fractions. So to me, here’s what happened during the regular season (according to my terrible memory):
- Woooo! Opening Day! Baseball is back!
- Holy crap, Belt is gonna hit like, 80 home runs this season.
- Michael Morse is legit crazy. In the best way possible.
- Giants can’t lose. I’m amazed. Also, there are so many Brandons on this team.
- Matt Cain?! WHY GOD WHY.
- Wait, why are the Giants so terrible. They were so good in April. This doesn’t make sense in my brain.
- I literally can’t even.
- I’m gonna go to Mexico and not watch baseball (this is where I took a vacation to Cabo and pretended baseball and the Giants didn’t exist. I was actually pretty happy).
- Brandon Belt got concussed in BATTING PRACTICE?! By freaking MARCO SCUTARO? You must really hate me.
- But, Travis Ishikawa though.
- Oh god, they aren’t even going to get the wild card.
- This Yes! Movement thing is pretty cool.
- Oh I guess they are gonna make the wild card. But like, no way we beat the Pirates. Because they are doing a blackout or whatever and also, Andrew McCutchen and stuff.
If you asked me what happened in 2014 in September, that’s what I would have told you. But thankfully, there are pages of archived GIFs on my hard drive and because of technology, I can go back and find the best moments of the season and share them with you before we ring in the new year.
Presented to you in no particular order, here are my favorite GIFs of the 2014 regular season.
1) That Time Buster Posey Wasn’t Satisfied With His Bat
Listen, Buster Posey needs the perfect bat or he can’t hit the baseball. And he wont’ settle for a lowly bat boy. No way. As an MVP, you get to make defensive replacements get them for you. Thanks Juan Perez!
2) When Mustard Lost His Pants
It’s exactly the way it sounds.
3) Madison Bumgarner Celebrates By Punching Tim Hudson
I’m guessing this is how they show happiness and excitement in the country?
4) Hunter Pence Plays The Drums On Gary Brown’s Head
Yeah, I don’t remember Gary Brown being on the roster either. But he was there, and here’s proof:
5) Speaking Of Hunter Pence And Musical Instruments…
He also took on the maracas with Mike Morse
6) Brandon Hicks. Brandon Crawford. Brandon Belt.
Brandons cubed. Or in the words of Jason Bateman: “Another Brandon”
7) Tim Lincecum Throws His Second No-Hitter
This one is sure to warm your heart on this cold winter’s eve. How could it not? Plus, it provides us with our first ever #HectorHug
8) Mike Morse Is The Happiest Weirdo In The World
There are few things that are sure to bring a smile to my face like when Michael Morse is happy and celebrating. He’s like the world’s biggest kid. A double? HE IS STOKED.
9) Madison Bumgarner Can Hit Grand Slams.
Here’s version 1 of 2 in 2014. Yeah. He’s good at baseball stuff.
10) Buster Posey: Great Teammate Part I
Buster Posey is pretty stoic but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t enjoy a giving a little shoulder rub and love to his teammates from time-to-time.
11) Buster Posey: Great Teammate Part II
High-fives and turkey taps for everyone!
12) Matt Cain Had A Bad Year
This pretty much sums it up.
13) Mike Morse Again.
Because he a GIF-maker’s muse. Here he is getting slapped on the butt so hard he almost fell over the dugout railing.
14) Pablo Sandoval Is Not Fast.
Or Hunter Pence is very fast. Or a combination. Because in this GIF, Pence almost laps Pablo to home plate.
15) Remember This?
This was the best.
16) Matt Cain Slaps Buster Posey’s Catchers Helmet Shut
17) Morse Is Excitable, Exhibit X
Remember when Morse walked off and got so excited he ripped his jersey open? No? Here ya go.
18) Tim Lincecum, Caught.
Although Lincecum’s done a lot to get the media’s attention on the field, it looks like he’s not so found of it when it catches him in this candid GIF in the dugout.
“Don’t move. They might not know I’m here.”
19) Buster Posey Wants The Ball
The first ever Bruce Bochy bomb. And it happened during Pat Burrell batting practice.
Up next, the top postseason GIFs! Stay tuned.